Pre-Employment Information & Guidelines
We hope the following information will be helpful for you in making your summer plans.
Employment with our Wyoming dude ranch is an excellent opportunity to experience the grandeur of the Jackson Hole Valley as well as both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
- Lost Creek Ranch is 30 minutes from the town of Jackson.
- We border Grand Teton National Park and Bridger Teton National Forest.
- Successful applicants will meet employees and guests from all over the US.
Our staff provides 5-Star service to our guests, always striving to go that extra bit to exceed expectations. As an upscale guest ranch, our guests expect the best and it is our obligation to make sure that is what they receive. Our staff are paramount, as they are our representatives both with our guests and the community in which we live. As such we look for staff who exhibit the following skills-
- Excellent Listening & Communication
- Energetic & Resourceful
- Sense of Humor
- Local Knowledge that is developed throughout the season
- Flexible & Patient - Creativity in accommodating requests without saying no, while keeping safety and a schedule in mind.
- Ability to multi-task
- Calm and Composed
- Strong Work Ethic
- Able to live in a rural environment and contribute positively to a small community of onsite staff members
Lost Creek Ranch & Spa can accommodate up to 68 guests and usually average around 50 guests per week.
Our clientele is primarily families throughout the summer season of June to September. We seek to hire a staff of 40. We employ the following positions:
- Float Guides
- Skeet Shooting Instructors
- Maintenance Team
- Culinary Team - Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Pastry Chef & Am/PM Prep Chef, Camp Cook and Kitchen Stewards
- Kids Counselors
- Hike Leaders
- Concierge/Administrative Support
- Massage Therapists & Fitness Class Instructors
The hiring process starts in October for 2024.
The season runs 15 weeks with guests. All positions are paid bi-weekly and include meals and onsite room and board. All positions are assigned at least one day off per week. A variety of staff lodging exists including bunkhouses, dormitory style housing with shared bathroom facilities and some cabins for couples. Complimentary laundry facilities and Staff break room stocked with food and drinks is available on the ranch.
Please have no illusions…this is hard work with long hours, but for anyone passionate about the outdoors and a willingness to serve, it is rewarding.
In order for us to consider your application for employment, we appreciate you completing your application form in detail with work-related references. Please also include a recent photograph of yourself, since personal interviews are nearly impossible. We receive many applications for each season, so the more information you can give us about your education and background, as well as your work experience for the position(s) desired, the better off you are.
Preference is given to staff who can work all season mid-May to mid- September. LCR checks references and completes pre-employment background checks. Post-employment MVR driving reports.
Wrangler applicants: You must have prior experience leading walk, trot, lope rides elsewhere or a life-long history of horse ownership. To be considered, you must submit a video introducing yourself, saddling and riding a horse (w/t/l). We also require photos of the tack you'll be riding during the season.
We wish you the best of luck and do hope your qualifications will bring you to the LCR as a member of our staff this upcoming season.
To apply please email: [email protected]